cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Edas Pazera" <e...@usa.net>
Subject [OT] RE: Web.inf questions
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:56:51 GMT

--Edas

-----Original Message-----
From: ulim [mailto:ulim]On Behalf Of Ulrich Mayring
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 8:44 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Web.inf questions

Michael Bierenfeld wrote:

> Hi,
>
> removing people from the list is imho the wrong way. I think that the
> list is a valuable source of information related to cocoon. And nobody
> should be excluded from that.
>
> I have subscribed both cocoon-users and mullberrytech. This lists rocks
> for xsl-questions. But anyway you can make the same experiences in any
> list or newsgroup. A lot of people are not willing to read manuals or
> faq's. Its the pokemon generation. Suggestions ?

What we are currently doing is tell people, when they make a mistake,
and assume that they'll learn from it. There are really only two
mistakes: posting off-topic and not reading FAQ/mailarchive before
posting. Very simple, actually, so this procedure ensures that the
reasonable people have a way to stay on this list. The unreasonable
people must be excluded, I see no alternative. However, I want to stress
that we haven't had any unreasonable people on this list yet - but it is
to be expected that some kind of spammer will eventually get on it.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung