cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Jacobs" <peter.jac...@advalvas.be>
Subject RE: IE bug whith FOP-produced PDFs - again -sigh-
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:46:37 GMT
maybe this works:

order.xml?media=pdf&fixIE=.pdf

HTH,
Peter Jacobs

-----Original Message-----
From: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@dff.st]
Sent: maandag 15 januari 2001 17:22
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: IE bug whith FOP-produced PDFs - again -sigh-

> > The Content-Disposition header is used to suggest a more appropriate
> > filename to the browser than the filename part of the request address
> > (see RFC 2616, section 19.5.1).
>
> > +     response.addHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
> > filename=bar.pdf");
>
> I suggest to use response.setHeader instead, because addHeader doesn't
> exist in JSDK2.1 or below and thus won't run with JServ.

...I thought we got it working. But #&* IE gives nothing but a blank
screen until we hit the reload button.

We tried:

1. order.xml?.pdf&media=pdf
   -> blank screen
2. order.xml?media=pdf with
   add/setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=order.pdf");
   -> two popups for open/save
   and also
   add/setHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline;filename=order.pdf");
   -> blank screen
3. We even mapped *.pdf to C1 and got
   order.pdf?media=pdf
   -> blank screen

(media=pdf creates the stylesheet PI as you might have assumed)

We're loosing all our hair.. ;)

I know this is a never ending thread...
..did we miss something?
--