cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: PERFORMANCE PROBLEM!
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:53:20 GMT
"Marco Spinetti" <m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it> wrote:
>my question is how I can increase my system performances. I have built a
>multiterminal Xml portal based on Cocoon: in the service of meteo forecasts
>for every request my system uses 1,6 second: using the Profiler.xml file I
>found out that this time is so subdivided:
>
>36 ms (org-apache-cocoon-producer-ProducerFromFile)
>408 ms (org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor)

* This is very high. Did you request the page several times to eliminate
effects due to first-time compiling?
* Maybe this slowness comes from your own XSP code? If it accesses an
external site, obviously it has to wait for the other site to respond.

>938 ms (org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor-1)

Other suggestions:
* XSLT is the slowest here - there are suggestions on optimising stylesheets
at www.mulberrytech.com
* Do you really need to generate the page every time, or can you use
caching?
* get a faster machine