cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to receive the resulting html in an outputstream
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:28:15 GMT
Koldenhof JS <jskolden@galjas.cs.vu.nl> wrote:
>When I make a XML-file with a XSL-file and want to view this
>XML-file in a browser, Cocoon returns html to the browser. What I want to
>do is call cocoon in a sevlet myself and have cocoon return the generated
>html in an outputstream to me. I have tried to call Producers, Processors
>and Formatters, but I always get a null pointer and don`t know how to
>resolve this.

That's because Cocoon is a framework and not designed for piecemeal
operation.

>In short: I have a XmlDocument(not written to a file),and a XSL-file and
>need a OutputStream containing the HTML generated by Coccoon.
>
>Any suggestions are appreciated.

The FAQ suggests alternative ways involving either doing everything in
Cocoon, or Cocoon calling the servlet instead. I think they are better and
more easily maintainable solutions, but if you really want to do it this
way, you could try calling org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon, because it is just a
servlet, after all. (Hint: javadocs, source code). Please let us know if it
works.