cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: 1 java thread and 5 httpd threads?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:38:18 GMT
"Anthony E." <apwebdesign@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I recently re-installed cocoon on two new servers that
>I have, everything seems to be working fine, except
>that they are extremely slow when multiple users
>access an xsp file at the same time.

Only one thread can compile any given XSP page at a time. This is necessary
to prevent unlikely but possible thread synch errors.

It's just possible you could be causing the slowness by mismatched clocks.
If the date/time on the source .xml or .xsl files is in the future compared
to date/time on the generated .java or .class files in the repository, this
would cause the pages to keep recompiling for each user.