cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon configuration performance comparison?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:50:36 GMT
Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
>Performance really can't be measured by top.

Indeed, but 0% CPU means something fishy is going on, I think! :) See my new
FAQ entry on the subject.

>Keep in mind that eventually the cache is invalidated.

In C1 a page in the internal cache is only invalidated when:
(i) Free memory drops below minimum settings AND heapsize grows above
settings in cocoon.properties
or (ii) hasChanged returns true somewhere.

>If you have lower traffic than what the cache invalidation timer is set
>for,
>then you will always get the page read from disk.  I don't know if this is
>a parameterized setting, but it probably should be.

There is no cache invalidation timer in C1. The timing setting in
cocoon.properties is how often the cleanup thread should wake up and check
memory levels (which may change independently of Cocoon because of other
servlets).