cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuart.roeb...@adolos.co.uk>
Subject Re: C2+T4m5: Here are the Install instructions !!!
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 08:30:27 GMT
Klaus,

Thanks for taking time to post these instructions, some of the points you've listed are scattered
around this list, but perhaps not all in one place.  I guess it would be good to include them
in the READMEs ! ;-)

I've noted below two points which shouldn't be necessary to get things working.  At least,
it works fine for me without them!

Stuart.

On Monday, January 1, 2001, at 07:21 PM, Klaus Drechsler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after many weeks (!) of trying to get C2 to work I finally did it on the
> first day in new year :-)
>
> Here are the tested(!!!) installing instructions for C2 on T4-m5:
>

> How to install Cocoon2a3 on Tomcat4-m5 (tested with Win98 and JDK1.3)
> (by Klaus Drechsler drechsler@gmx.net)

> 1. unpack jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m5.tar.gz to for example c:\tomcat
>
> 2. Build the cocoon war package as described in the install file
>
> 3. copy cocoon.war to c:\tomcat\webapps
>
> 4. copy everything from the cocoon lib directory to c:\tomcat\lib
> except servlet_2_2.jar

This shouldn't be necessary. The latest versions of T4 and C2 should work without doing this.

> 5. remove crimson.jar and jaxp.jar from c:\tomact\lib and c:\tomcat\server
> and copy xerces_1_2_3.jat from the cocoon lib directory to these two
> directories.
>
> 6. add the following line to c:\tomcat\conf\server.xml
> (you will feel where this line should be inserted ;))
>
> <Context path="/cocoon" docBase="cocoon" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
>   </Context>

This shouldn't be necessary either.  If you drop something in the tomcat/webapp/ directly
it should get recognized automatically.