cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <Heiko.Borcherd...@dvg.de>
Subject Antwort: Cocoon Error - Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:23:44 GMT
I 've the same Problem with WIN98, Apache, Tomcat and Cocoon 1.8.
The following I found in the Cocoon FAQ, but ist not very helpful, because I
have no 'old version'...
"This is probably due to incompatibilities between the cocoon.properties
configuration files in the old version and the
  new one. Since Cocoon is a very modular framework and its architecture is not
yet stable, we always suggest that you
  replace your old configuration file with the new one shipped with the new
release.
  We are working to make sure that this won't be required any more in the
Cocoon2 generation. For now, we apologize
   for the inconvenience. "
Is there any chance for a workaround?

Thanks and all z best
heiko borcherding

I'm running Linux,Apache,Tomcat,Cocoon.  When I attempt to look at the
examples at http://<server-path>cocoon/servlets/index.xml, I am getting this
error:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor: make sure the needed classes
can be found in the classpath
(org/apache/turbine/services/resources/TurbineResourceService)
     at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:114)
     at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80)
     at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:101)
     at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:171)
     at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:218)
     at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:141)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
     at
7)
     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
     at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
     at
     at
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
The server logs are no help.  What's the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks