cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Priya Pinto <Priy...@ITClearingCorp.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 1.8, Tomcat 3.1, jdk1.3 installation problem
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:01:36 GMT
The Cocoon.xml page is working but am not able to access the samples.

I'm able to reach upto the servlet directory but when I click on servlet I
don't get a list of the files available in it in my browser

Thanks
Priya

-----Original Message-----
From: Priya Pinto [mailto:Priya.P@ITClearingCorp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 7:49 AM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Cc: 'Robin Green'
Subject: RE: Cocoon 1.8, Tomcat 3.1, jdk1.3 installation problem

It's working! The problem was the documentation stated

Next you need to edit the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml file
to point to the Cocoon properties file in the same directory. Do this by
changing the text conf/cocoon.properties to WEB-INF/cocoon-properties. Note
that this path is a relative path must be so. Don't try to use an absolute
path here. It won't work. Also note that the web.xml file describes how to
map .xml requests to the Cocoon servlet.

And I used it as it was.

But it has to be "WEB-INF/cocoon.properties"

It was just because of a "-" instead of "."

Sorted it out

Thanks
Priya