cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Klaus Drechsler <drechs...@gmx.net>
Subject C2+T4m5: Here are the Install instructions !!!
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2001 19:21:44 GMT
Hi,

after many weeks (!) of trying to get C2 to work I finally did it on the
first day in new year :-)

Here are the tested(!!!) installing instructions for C2 on T4-m5:

How to install Cocoon2a3 on Tomcat4-m5 (tested with Win98 and JDK1.3)
(by Klaus Drechsler drechsler@gmx.net)
1. unpack jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m5.tar.gz to for example c:\tomcat

2. Build the cocoon war package as described in the install file

3. copy cocoon.war to c:\tomcat\webapps

4. copy everything from the cocoon lib directory to c:\tomcat\lib
except servlet_2_2.jar

5. remove crimson.jar and jaxp.jar from c:\tomact\lib and c:\tomcat\server
and copy xerces_1_2_3.jat from the cocoon lib directory to these two
directories.

6. add the following line to c:\tomcat\conf\server.xml
(you will feel where this line should be inserted ;))

<Context path="/cocoon" docBase="cocoon" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
  </Context>

7. cd to c:\tomcat, call bin\startup, start a web-browser and point to
http://127.0.0.1/cocoon. After a while you shoud get an error message.
(Thats okay for now, we need to do this, so tomcat can unpack cocoon to a
directory c:\tomcat\webapps\cocoon)

8. change the classpath-attribute in c:\tomcat\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\web.xml
to the one for catalina (because we are using tomcat4 which is called
catalina)!

9. Now point your browser again to http://127.0.0.1/cocoon and it should work
now!

have Fun!

Farewell! I will omit no opportunity
That may convey my greetings, love, to thee.
Romeo&Juliet
                         (Act III, Scene V)
PGP-Key: http://www.kdnet.de/pgp