cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Gow <c...@digitalfairway.com>
Subject Re: session time out
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:04:55 GMT
Well, there is no guaranteed way of being notified of when a session
expires, but what I've done in the past is added a bogus object to the
session that implements HttpSessionBindingListener (see the Servlet
JavaDocs for more detail), and carried out my action in the objectUnbounded
event (this would get called when the session expires).  Of course, whether
or not this event is fired when your session expires is left completely up
to your Servlet container implementation.  This has been fixed in the 2.3
Servlet API spec and an explicit event is fired when your session is
expired (check out Jason Hunter's article on JavaWorld for details
(http://www.javaworld.com) )

Chris