cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kjartan Müller <kjartan.mul...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Re: Bug-Report cocoon1.8.1
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:53:37 GMT
Hi!

I don't know what's been changed, but I've been looking into your auth
taglib this weekend, and I've been struggling with the same
redirect-problem using 1.8.1-dev. For me the problem was twofold.

1) One problem has to do with sendRedirect and exceptions. I have no clue
what's been changed, but I don't think it has anything to do with
session.getValue(). I got the exeption whatever value I put into the
method. What I found out, is that it redirects -- even if it throws an
exception afterwards.
2) The other problem, which - of course - is related to the first, but make
auth lib vulnerable to that kind of problems, is the way auth lib throws an
exception if it don't find a match, and uses catch to handle the fallback.
(So when it gets an sendRedirect-exception from the success-handling, it
jumps over to the fallback-handling.) So I moved some code around a little
till I got it to redirect after a success, even if I got the exception. I
still got some error-messages complaining about writing to a closed stream
-- but at least it didn't stop the execution.

In the end, I tried to move the redirect-call to the end of the
protection-template and login-template (more like the way it is handled in
the fp-library), and -- don't ask me why -- got rid of both the exception
and the error-messages :)

Kjartan

PS!
Auth lib is an interesting tag library, thanks! I've looking into it to see
if I can also make it handle roles, privileges related to resources etc. It
could be interesting to know if you have any plans in that area.