cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Gibert <ma...@salleURL.edu>
Subject Re: Strange XSP error
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:51:20 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> I don't think so. A stack trace is supposed to tell you where the error
> happens. It clearly shows that the error involves the Integer class, not the
> String class.

Thanks for your answer but I have advanced till discovering the line
error,
but it's still really strange.

Here's the cocoon generated code, plus some logs of mine.

String max_rows_string = null;
max_rows = new Integer(-1);
max_rows_string = String.valueOf("");
// I write to my log and get OK message
try {
*** max_rows = new Integer(max_rows_string); // HERE I GET THE ERROR
****
// write to my log and this time I get no message
} catch (Exception e) {
// write to my log and the strangest thing is, even "new Integer" is
throwable function
// it never enters in catch region!
}
// write to my log

Last I noticed of what's happening is in the *** line and I think it
produces
an Exception at that line, but the most strange thing is the program
does not enter in the catch zone (isn't it incredible?)

--
Sincerely,
Marc Gibert Ginestà               e-mail: marcg@cometatech.com