cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Bug-Report cocoon1.8.1
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:20:18 GMT
Kjartan Müller wrote:

> 1) One problem has to do with sendRedirect and exceptions. I have no clue
> what's been changed, but I don't think it has anything to do with
> session.getValue(). I got the exeption whatever value I put into the
> method. What I found out, is that it redirects -- even if it throws an
> exception afterwards.

Had another user reporting this as well.

> 2) The other problem, which - of course - is related to the first, but make
> auth lib vulnerable to that kind of problems, is the way auth lib throws an
> exception if it don't find a match, and uses catch to handle the fallback.

I've got to catch the exceptions the JDBC drivers throw and they throw
them e.g. upon unsuccessful authentication.

> In the end, I tried to move the redirect-call to the end of the
> protection-template and login-template (more like the way it is handled in
> the fp-library), and -- don't ask me why -- got rid of both the exception
> and the error-messages :)

It might work, but I'd really prefer to track down the bug and fix it.
It would be of tremendous help if I knew what exactly has changed
between 1.8 and 1.8.1 and where the relevant source code is located.

> Auth lib is an interesting tag library, thanks! I've looking into it to see
> if I can also make it handle roles, privileges related to resources etc. It
> could be interesting to know if you have any plans in that area.

No plans currently. Perhaps this is even outside the scope of the auth
taglib, unless someone gets me a multi-million Dollar consulting
contract ;-)

Seriously, this seems like a huge project.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung