cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marco Pauck <pa...@wmd.de>
Subject Re: Different XSL for Nokia and UP
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:29:20 GMT
Saravanan Bellan wrote:

> How would I configure cocoon.properties and my xml file so that they use
> different XSL when invoked by Nokia or UP?. On most of the XML pages I want
> them to use the same stylesheet , but on some pages I want them to be
> specific.

You might want to start with these user agent patterns:

  browser.0 = nokia=Nokia
  browser.1 = up=UP.Browser
  browser.2 = up=UP/
  browser.3 = wap=Wap
  browser.4 = wap=Cellphone
  browser.5 = wap=Ericsson

and then use these stylesheet declarations:

  <?xml-stylesheet href="generic-wml.de.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="wap"?>
  <?xml-stylesheet href="nokia-wml.de.xsl"   type="text/xsl" media="nokia"?>
  <?xml-stylesheet href="up-wml.de.xsl"      type="text/xsl" media="up"?>

Beware that user agent identifiers may vary considerably from device to
device even for the same browser vendor.

	Marco