cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: IE bug whith FOP-produced PDFs - again -sigh-
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:18:19 GMT

Robin Green a écrit :

> "Torsten Curdt" <tcurdt@dff.st> wrote:
> >2. order.xml?media=pdf with
> >    add/setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=order.pdf");
> >    -> two popups for open/save
>
> Now I see what you mean - just tried it on IE5.5 Service Pack 1. I get THREE
> popups - and it only works the first time you click on it!!

I searched "IE content-disposition" in Google and found this problem as
being a long standing issue in IE. An old 1997 post in the www-script
mailing list describes this problem for IE 3.0 !
It's at
http://www.gorski.net/scripts/lists/www-scripts/1997/05/msg00283.html

The solution outlined there is to use the well-known but hacky
"&foo=.pdf" at the end of the URL. I finally think it's is the ugliest
but unfortunately most reliable solution.

> Sylvain Wallez tested this only in IE 5.0. Clearly this is another case of
> Microsoft Introduces More Bugs.

Will Microsoft add one popup in each new version of IE ?  :-((
Also, IE doesn't handle the 'Content-Disposition: inline' header that
could theoritically have solved this popup panic !

--
Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies