cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How can I use my own java classes?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 22:05:32 GMT
Klaus Drechsler wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Add them to the classloader (which is usually the
>> /WEB-INF/classes directory).
>

> I am using T4-m5 and C2 and ther is no /webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes
> directory.
>
> Should I create it?
>
> And how do I use these java classes?

Yes, create it.  If you have a jar with your own classes,
then place it in the /webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory
with all the other Cocoon jars.

To use the classes in XSP, you simply need to add this
directly after your xsp:page tag:

<xsp:structure>
   <xsp:include>fully.qualified.class.name</xsp:include>
   <!-- Note: one xsp:include per class or package -->
</xsp:structure>

You can now instantiate and manipulate all of your included
classes inside of xsp:logic tags.