cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Chatterjee, Pratap" <PChatter...@telfort.nl>
Subject Please please help: Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:40:18 GMT
I have tried everything to overcome the installation problem but had no
luck.

Looked at FAQ before posting.
Moved xerces, xalan fop, cocoon jar files first in the classpath in
tomcat.bat.
removed parcer xerces.jar from jdk1.3 lib directory.
Copied xerces and all other jar files from cocoon to tomcat directory.
Disable proxiy in my browser.
Read chaper 9 by Brett McLaughlin.

I am running Tomcat3.2 locally on my NT4 and this is working ok.
Installed Cocoon 1.8.1 and compiled all code by jdk1.3 no problem.
Followed all cocoon installation instruction.

I love to progress from this point on but can get around this problem.

Please help me to help myself.

Regards

Pratap.

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
	java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating "
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor" :
	java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: See
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-normalize
		at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:124)
		at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80)
		at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:109)