cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matt Smith <M.Sm...@secureinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon stress testing
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 00:53:34 GMT
Bryan,
What JDK are you using - IBM or Sun?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kearney, Bryan [mailto:bk@solant.com]
Sent: Thursday, 4 January 2001 8:04 AM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Cocoon stress testing

We had the hanging issue as well. What we found was the following:

1) An http request comes in
2) It loads an XSL doc which in turn imports another document.
3) The import results in another http request to get the import

When there are enough request at number 1 to hit the maximum number of
threads, then step 3 is blocked. Therefore, it hangs. The result was to use
two web servers. One handles user requests, the other the document requests.