cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Drasko Kokic <drasko_ko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C1.8.1] xinclude: Code of a method longer than 65535 bytes
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:47:35 GMT

--- Robin Green <greenrd@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Drasko Kokic <drasko_kokic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I am trying to "inteligently" put up a demo version
> of
> >my application and would like to modify as little
> as
> >possible.  Basicly I have replaced the ESQL block
> with
> >xinclude selecting from a static XML file
> containing
> >demo data (40kB big).
> >My problem is that xinclude is producing too large
> >java file (541kB java and 168kB class file) and
> >breaking JVM 64kB barrier.  Is there any way
> around?
>
> You've done it the wrong way around. Before, it was
>
> File -> XSPProcessor -> generated .java code ->
> calls database -> results
>
> So the result doesn't appear in the generated .java
> code.
>
> But now you've done:
>
> File -> XInclude -> results -> XSPProcessor ->
> generated .java code
>
> So the results does appear in the .java code, which
> is really inefficient
> and causes the problem you describe. So you probably
> just need to reverse
> the order of the PIs, so that XSP comes before
> XInclude. I think.
>
> Thanks for your help Robin.  I have exchanged the
rows so that XSP PI comes before the XInclude PI ...
but to no success ... now I am getting the original
node without any XInculde processing (apart from the
comment <!--Processed by XInclude-->) ?!

The full output is like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<PAGE
xmlns:request="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request"
xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
  <TITLE>LOOP KontoCheck - MSISDN v0.3</TITLE>

  <PEPSi
xinclude:href="konto-demo.xml#xpointer(/PAGE/PEPSi[@MSISDN=&apos;491793894939&apos;])"
xinclude:parse="xml"/>

  <!--Processed by XInclude-->
</PAGE>
<!-- This page was served in 80 milliseconds by Cocoon
1.8.1 -->

TIA
Drasko