cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steffen Stundzig <stef...@smb-tec.com>
Subject [C1][Patch] Saxon and Cocoon1.8.1 [Was:Re: PERFORMANCE PROBLEM!]
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:45:50 GMT
Hi Ovidiu,

/**
 * @author: Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>
 * @date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:36:24 -0800
 */
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:04:36 +0100, Steffen Stundzig <steffen@smb-tec.com>
> wrote:
>
> Steffen, could you please post your changes to the mailing list?

here are my way to get Cocoon 1.8.1 working with Saxon6.1.
I've tested it with the latest update from the cocoon CVS, but it should
work also with older versions.

1. Put the attached SAXONTransformer into the Cocoon source tree.
2. [Patch] Put the initialization of the 'store' actor in the
   Cocoon Engine before the initialization of the 'transformer'. This
   is needed, because the transformer needs the 'store' for caching.
3. Modify the part 'XSLT Transformer' in your 'cocoon.properties' file,
   to use the SAXONTransformer. See my file snippet for details.
4. Put the saxon.jar in your 'cocoon' classpath and recompile cocoon.
5. Put the saxon.jar in your 'project' classpath, start your servlet
   engine and have fun. :-)

You can found the saxon.jar at
   http://users.iclway.co.uk/mhkay/saxon/
but the current version 6.1 has a small bug in the sourcefile
   com.icl.saxon.StandardURIResolver.java line 112 and 113.
There an URI with "file:/" is constructed, but it must only be "file:".
Michael Kay has applied this patch into his original source tree, but
his hasn't updated the download package. So you can download the
saxon package from the URL above, fix the bug and recompile them or
you could use my precompiled saxon version at
   http://www.stundzig.de/saxon6.1_unofficial.jar (ca: 550kB).

Hints and criticism are very welcome. This description comes WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY. :-)

Best regards
	Steffen...

Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:steffen@smb-tec.com