cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Drasko Kokic <drasko_ko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Check for user login
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:15:56 GMT

--- Ulrich Mayring <ulim@denic.de> wrote:
> Drasko Kokic wrote:
> >
> > Even easier ... use the Authentication mechanism
> of
> > the Servlet API 2.2 ... Tomcat implements it.
>
> How does this mechanism work? Does it look up
> users/password in a file
> like .htaccess or can it also authenticate against
> databases, custom
> Java methods etc.?
>
> Ulrich
>
> --
> Ulrich Mayring
> DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Hi Uli,

it is rather smart piece of code ... you protect your
URI in the web.xml and configure so called
"RequestIntercepter" in the server.xml ... and it
works on it's on:
any request for the protected page get intercepted and
you can implement any authorisation/authentication
schema you like.
There are already simple implementations using file
and JDBC schema (in Servlet API jargon called REALM
!?)
I have for my own SingleLogin project implemented the
Cookie authorisation and LDAP authentication.

HTH
Drasko