cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steffen Stundzig <stef...@smb-tec.com>
Subject Re: PERFORMANCE PROBLEM!
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:04:36 GMT
Hi Marco,

/**
 * @author: "Marco Spinetti" <m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it>
 * @date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:50:15 +0100
 */
> Hi all,
> my question is how I can increase my system performances. I have built a
multiterminal Xml portal based on Cocoon: in the service of meteo forecasts
for every request my system uses 1,6 second: using the Profiler.xml file I
found out that this time is so subdivided:

> 36 ms (org-apache-cocoon-producer-ProducerFromFile)
> 408 ms (org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor)
> 938 ms (org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor-1)
> 247 ms (org-apache-cocoon-formatter-HTMLFormatter)
> 54 ms (Outputting)
>
> These data are terrible for a site that go in production: my boss has asked
me to increase the performances. How can I do? I use Cocoon 1.8, Jakarta
Tomcat Servlet Engine, the XSLT Xalan processor and the Xerces parser: using
XT do I improve the performances?

I'm using cocoon 1.8.1 with the Saxon processor. This improves the
stylesheet process 2-3 times, but therefore I must write my own
SaxonTransformer and I must patch some classes in cocoon. I've send
these patches to the cocoon developers, but these patches are
currently not in the official cocoon release.

If you are interested in it, I could post it to the list.
You are using the latest cocoon from the CVS?

Regards
	Steffen...

Steffen Stundzig                            mailto:steffen@smb-tec.com