cocoon-users mailing list archives

From jgr...@dcom-solutions.com
Subject Re: Using Kanji Characters with Cocoon
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:32:14 GMT
Yeah, I tried generating the <![CDATA an ]]> tags as
part of the data that comes out of the DB, but that
didn't work.  Cocoon still mangles the characters into a
series of &abc; (&copy; etc...) and &#123; characters.
I seem to remember seeing this mentioned in
documentation somewhere, but I can't seem to find it
again.  I hope I can find a way around this problem so
that I can continue to use Cocoon.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Quoting forge@neonics.com:

> Maybe you can generate the <![CDATA[  and ]]> tags?
>
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 jgreen@dcom-solutions.com wrote:
>
> > Hello.  I need to get some Kanji (Japanese)
characters
> > through the Cocoon processing system.  The
characters
> > are originating in a database, and being inserted
into
> > an XSP page.  Even without a stylesheet Cocoon is
> > transforming the characters from their original form
> > into a series of characters like this:
> >
> > frac12;?Igrave;?uml;?Iuml;?cent;?eth;
> >
> > What's going on here and what do I have to do to get
> > Cocoon to leave those characters alone.  I've tried
the
> > <xsl:output cdata-section-elements="value"/> tag,
but it