cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <scarva...@criticalsoftware.com>
Subject Cocoon stress testing
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 00:26:08 GMT
Hi,

Did anyone do/publish stress test results on Cocoon. I'm having Cocoon 1.8 hanging up when
serving over 12 simultaneous requests. It scales pretty well up onto that point, but then
one java process just starts sucking all the CPU and stops Cocoon entirely.

I know I may limit the maximum number of simultaneous requests, by using Apache as a frontend,
but I'd like to find out if this is "normal" or is just me and my machine.

I'm using Cocoon 1.8 on Tomcat 3.2.1 on IBM's Java2 JDK all on top of Linux 2.2.16, on a machine
with 128Mb RAM.

Cheers,
--
Sergio Carvalho