cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: I'd like that Cocoon not process XSLT for MS Internet Explorer
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:54:14 GMT
> You want to let MSIE process the stylesheet in order to move work from the
> server to the client.
> I'm not sure if this is possible at all with MSIE,
> because MSIE still supports only an old working draft specification for
XSL.
> There are some (not only minor) differences between XSL understood by
Cocoon
> and XSL understood by MSIE.

AFAIK, the latest MSXML3 supports the W3C XSL Specification, so it is
possible with IE.
To make your IE work with newer version of its XML tools you have to
download and install msxml3.dll
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/general/xmlparser.asp)

It's a good perfomance improvement to let the client to perform the XSL
transformation, but I am not sure that it would be possible to use Cocoon's
ability to add top level <xsl:param>s from the request parameters.
Say, if you have an <xsl:param name="myparam">ParamFromRequest</xsl:param>
in your XSL, then IE would not initialize them correctly. It's only a
suggestion.

> Henning

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian