cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas Neuenschwander" <a...@andi.ch>
Subject EQSL with a custom logicsheet
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:36:09 GMT

I'd like to transform a given string through my own logicsheet.
If I get this string with the esql command 'getString' it doesn't
seems to work.

Error Message in Case 1:

java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _index.java
382: Missing term.
      			StringConversion.getFirstToken(, ":")
                                                       ^
1 error

Which means, I don't get back the value from the esql lib. But why?

Case 1:
  <esql:row-results>
    <myspace:id>
      <esql:getString column="id">
    </myspace:id>
    <myspace:row1>
      <esql:getString column="row1">
    </myspace:row1>
    <myspace:row2>
      <customlib:getFirstElement token=":">
        <customlib:text>
          <esql:getString column="row2">       <--// subject of question
        </customlb:text>
      </customlib:getFirstElement>
    </myspace:row2>
  </esql:row-results>

If I test my custom taglib with a fixed string it all works well,
and returns only the string 'firsttoken':

Case 2:
  <esql:row-results>
    <myspace:id>
      <esql:getString column="id">
    </myspace:id>
    <myspace:row1>
      <esql:getString column="row1">
    </myspace:row1>
    <myspace:row2>
      <customlib:getFirstElement token=":">
        <customlib:text>
          firsttoken:secondtoken            <--// subject of question
        </customlb:text>
      </customlib:getFirstElement>
    </myspace:row2>
  </esql:row-results>

If I don't make a process through my taglib it works well too, and
the esql call gives me back the whole string from the database:

Case 3:
  <esql:row-results>
    <myspace:id>
      <esql:getString column="id">
    </myspace:id>
    <myspace:row1>
      <esql:getString column="row1">
    </myspace:row1>
    <myspace:row2>
      <esql:getString column="row2">       <--// subject of question
    </myspace:row2>
  </esql:row-results>

What I am doing wrong? How can I take control over which logicsheet gets
first executed before the other?

-andi