cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Enrico Brighi" <brig...@libero.it>
Subject Big problem with xsl:sort
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:27:41 GMT
Hi,
     i'm using xsl:sort to order a set of ARTICLE on the DATE value.
Please, is there a way to maintain the order out of an apply-templates or
for-each block??

I need, for my document structure, that the order should be mantained in the
template of ARTICLE, that is:

<xsl:apply-templates select="ARTICLE">
    <xsl:sort data-type="number" select="DATE"/>
<xsl:apply-templates/>

and i've this template for viewing the articles by those positions:

<xsl:template select="ARTICLE[position() = 1]">
    <TR>
    </TR>
</xsl:template>

BUT....THE POSITION SELECTED BY THE TEMPLATE ISN'T THE "ORDERED" POSITION
BUT THE ORIGINAL POSITION IN MY FILE OF NEWS ARTICLE!!!! I'VE LOST THE
SORTING IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE xsl:apply-templates COMMAND!!!

TNK U

ENRICO