cocoon-users mailing list archives

From EEAltend...@thoughtworks.COM
Subject RE: WLS 5.1.0 and Cocoon Problems
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:10:02 GMT

There are many ways you can set up cocoon in weblogic (unfortunately or
fortunately).

You can set it up as a web app running in its own context, so that
    http://some.server/cocoon/Cocoon.xml
works, or you can set it up as the default servlet, so
    http://some.server/Cocoon.xml
works.

You probably can set it up to live somewhere else, or to co-exist with
other servlets and process only .xml or .xsp files...but I don't know.

Additionally, there are multiple ways you can set up classpaths...

I think the short answer is that you simply need to know weblogic really
well to install cocoon on weblogic.  Unfortunately while I know weblogic
well enough that I got it set up on my machine (in a couple of different
ways at different times) I don't know it well enough to be responsible for
trying to figure out what I did and write documents so others can replicate
it........  :-(

Eric

                    "Robin Green"

                    <greenrd@hotm        To:     cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                    ail.com>             cc:     jmascherino@learnframe.com

                                         Subject:     RE: WLS 5.1.0 and Cocoon Problems

                    12/19/00

                    02:03 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-users

"Jamie Mascherino" <jmascherino@learnframe.com> wrote:
>The Web.xml file is an absolute path. I know people have had problems in
>some cases putting in a relative one.

I don't understand. Where is the absolute path to web.xml specified? Please

elaborate.

I am responsible for maintaining the cocoon 1 docs so I need to know a
valid
installation procedure.

What is frustrating is that there seems to be so many valid ways - and
every
time someone submits a set of installation instructions they seem to pay no

attention to what is already there in the docs, in terms of consistency! So

it ends up a confusing mess.

Also please confirm that these instructions are for WLS 5.1.0 not some
other
version. There have been three different answers so far, and I want to make

sure that one of them is for 5.1.0 before I update the documentation!