cocoon-users mailing list archives

From eliza.khosr...@TMINUS10.com
Subject Re: help with database setup in cocoon.properties + esql
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2000 16:42:14 GMT

Donald,

Thanks for the reply.  But, I didn't quite get it.  Is the stuff I put in
my cocoon.properties for my 'testDB' database correct?  If so,  how would I
access my 'testDB' in my XML file?  I mean what is the tag?

Thanks,
Eliza

                    Donald Ball

                    <balld@websli        To:     <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>

                    ngerZ.com>           cc:     <cocoon-users-info@xml.apache.org>,
<cocoon-users-faq@xml.apache.org>
                                         Subject:     Re: help with database setup in cocoon.properties
+ esql
                    12/14/2000

                    07:03 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-users

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 eliza.khosrova@TMINUS10.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to define my database connection info in my cocoon.properties
> so I can use it in various XML files via <esql:use-connection> instead of
> repeating it in every single file.   But, I am getting a NullPointer
> exception when I do that.  If I do the connection stuff directly in my
XML
> files via <esql:connection>, then it works fine.  I have attached the
> working version at the end as well.

you're using esql incorrectly in your first example. all you need to do to
use connectoin pooling is replace the driver, dburl, username, and
password elements with a pool element. use-connection has been deprecated
for a long while now.

- donald