cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use taglibs without xsp
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:27:43 GMT
cparpart@t-online.de (Christian Parpart) wrote:
>We just created a huge number of generic
>xsl-transforming-templates with one root
>file called: document.xsl;

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean a huge number of templates all in
one file, document.xsl?

>But to reduce compile time at all I thought
>to use taglibs such as for some xsl-files.

If you're not using XSP there is no compilation involved. For tips on
reducing transformation time check out the "XML links" link on the sidebar
of the cocoon website. I think there are some tips at the mulberrytech
website for instance.

>Is there anyway to use that without giving all
>xml files the new root-element as <xsp:page>
>(including the standard root-element <document>)?

Logicsheets are for XSP only. Plus, more stylesheets mean a _slower_ speed,
in general. But if you want to reduce the number of templates by selectively
applying only one or two small stylesheets, that might help, theoretically.

What sort of speeds are we talking about here? What is your machine(s)
spec(s)?