cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: New LinkEncodingProcessor - Please Test
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 23:33:12 GMT
Question about the hasChanged method for the LinkEncodingProcessor which
just sprung to mind:

At the moment this always returns true, so there will be no caching
(actually, due to Cocoon's stupid cache implementation, it will cache it and
then throw it away!) This is safe, but is it necessary?

The trouble is, I'm not really familiar with the details of the
response.encodeUrl () method. The current CVS version of cocoon caches on
the basis of the entire URI and all the request headers (unlike 1.8 which
ignores most request headers) - so with _that_ version of Cocoon, there's no
possibility that the output of LinkEncodingProcessor should vary, given a
certain cached page, right?

I'll assume it can be changed to false (in CVS) unless anyone can show
otherwise.