cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Mozilla, IE5, XML, oh my!
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:06:52 GMT
Greg Rozon <grozon@inlets.net> wrote:
>	Today's question is of the odd variety.  I'm not entirely sure
>whether
>this is a browser compliance issue, or a Cocoon issue, so I thought I'd
>start here and find out if anyone had run across a similar problem.

Well, it's a browser compliance issue, but don't worry - One of Cocoon's
main aims is to solve these knotty browser incompatibility problems easily -
and you don't have to use XSP!

Just apply a different stylesheet based on the media-type, as in
samples/wap/example-portfolio.xml. Browser user agents are configured in
cocoon.properties (can you let me know if the default settings correctly
detect M18, and if not, what settings work?). Just make it so that one
stylesheet will generate a cocoon-format processing instruction, the other
will not. That should solve it.

Unfortunately Mozilla gives you the option of faking your user agent, but I
doubt many people will be using that.