cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matt Coolidge <mcooli...@thevan.com>
Subject RE: error message: same problem
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:00:34 GMT
This has been covered many times, but you need the JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar
in yer CLASSPATH as well

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Deandrea [mailto:ericd@hnt.com]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 11:32 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: error message: same problem

I moved the xerces.jar file up in my classpath and now I get the following
error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJav
aCompiler.java:68)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(Compi
led Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840)
	at com.livesoftware.jrun.JRun.runServlet(Compiled Code)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleConnection(JRunGeneric.java)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleProxyConnection(JRunGeneric.java)
	at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.proxy.JRunProxyServiceHandler.handleRequest(JR
unProxyServiceHandler.java)
	at com.livesoftware.jrun.service.ThreadConfigHandler.run(Compiled
Code)

If I move the xerces.jar file down one spot I get the original error message
(method normalize() not found in org.w3c.dom.Node)...

-Eric

Eric Deandrea
Software Engineer              (617) 557-4573
Harrison & Troxell, Inc.       ericd@hnt.com
2 Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Boston, MA 02109