cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: [Important] Taglib authorws: XObject
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:21:31 GMT
> > As a quick straw poll, how many people are *already* using
> > the existing C1 XObject class in their taglibs? How many
> > people would we affect by deprecating the existing implemenation,
> > and how many people would be happy to see it move to a
> > location which is consistant with the cocoon2 architecture?
>
> I do not use XObject in my taglibs and don't even know what it is. Where
> can I read about it?

There was a discussion on the users list. If you have classes that create
and return XML to cocoon1 you would usually have to implement a method
toDOM() or similiar. Since cocoon2 is SAX based in cocoon2 you would need
to have a toSAX() method.
By implementing XObject there is a standardized way of handing XML to
cocoon. Wether it is cocoon1 or cocoon2.

Right, guys ;)?
--
Torsten