cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Viana <rvi...@agency.com>
Subject RE: error message: same problem
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:23:45 GMT
Hi there,

I got the same runtime error from cocoon a few days ago, what I did:

- Assuming you are using NT, which is the OS Im using for my cocoon system.
This was my config: Apache 1.3, Tomcat 3.2 and Cocoon 1.8 on a NT 4.0

- Rename your parser.jar to z_parser.jar and xml.jar to z_xml.jar.
- If that doesn't work then try to open and extract the jar files (using
some compress-program like Winzip)to a temporary folder (C:\temp), then go
to the temp folder and compress it again and give it the same name again. Do
this for the parser and xml .jar.
Note: Why you need to do this? Because on NT the classpath is created by
looking at the date of the jar files.
If you have followed all the cocoon installation steps, It should work now.

Roberto Viana.

-----Original Message-----
From: Werner Guttmann [mailto:Werner.Guttmann@msdw.com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 11:01 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Cc: e.deandrea@hnt.com
Subject: Re: error message: same problem

Khomik,

I am actually having the same problem at the moment, i.e. configuring
ServletExec 3.0 for Cocoon. Placing xerces.jar first on the CLASSPATH
doesn't
really help as ServletExec 3.0 (on startup) adds four entries to your
CLASSPATH.
at the top.

Unfortunately, one of these entries is a reference to Sun's Project-X parser
(xml.jar) which I think ServletExec needs to read and parse the deployment
descriptor of web applications.

Again, any hint how this might be resolved would be appreciated.

Werner

Khomik Rostislav wrote:

> The same problem. But I'm using Cocoon 1.74 and ServletExec 3.0, have
placed
> xerces.jar on the first place in CLASSPATH as it said in FAQ's
> but it doesn't work. It's strange, but cocoon works fine when I'm using
> ServletExec Debugger (ServletExec 2.0).
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Rostik

org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(Co
> > mpiled Code)
> > at

org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(Co
> > mpiled Code)
> > at

org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess
> > (Compiled Code)
> > at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(Compiled Code)
> > at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
> > at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
> > at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
> > at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
> > at com.livesoftware.jrun.JRun.runServlet(Compiled Code)
> > at com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleConnection(Compiled Code)
> > at com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleProxyConnection(Compiled
Code)
> > at

com.livesoftware.jrun.service.proxy.JRunProxyServiceHandler.handleRequest(Co