cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Daniela Spalvieri <danie...@dsnet.it>
Subject R: file uploading via cocoon
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:15:14 GMT
Hello,
I have a question about the file uploading:
I created a form composed by several input type text and an input type file.
I've been trying to read the values passed by the form, using the method
POST and enctype MULTIPART-FORM DATA, with an XML file, but this file can't
read any form value. I used the MultipartRequest Package from O'reilly. It
sounds strange, but I can only read the parameters using the method GET, not
supported by MultipartRequest Package.
How can I do this?
Regards
Daniela

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Ian Atkin [mailto:Iana@Widelearning.com]
Inviato: mercoledì 6 dicembre 2000 19.21
A: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Oggetto: RE: file uploading via cocoon

use the MultiPartRequest classes in Jason Hunter's servlet utils classes.

they can be found @ http://www.servlets.com/

simply use input's of type=file and set the form's encoding type to
multipart/form-data, pass the request object to the MultipartRequest object
in your servlet/xsp page - it accepts default save location and max upload
size, it can also handle multiple files (one per file input tag).

once saved, do what you like with the uploaded files.

i believe it has a parser type class available but i've never used it.

it might be an idea to make a taglib version of this stuff..........

Ian Atkin
Code Monkey & Text File Editor
Wide Learning
ian.atkin@widelearning.com