cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Ikeda <anthony.ik...@proxima-tech.com>
Subject RE: Error 404....?!?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 21:49:08 GMT
That depends on the webserver you are using.
In Tomcat 3.1, with each web application you can declare error pages through
the web.xml file. This is set using the <error-page> tag.

For example:
  <error-page>
  	<error-code>404</error-code>
  	<location>/My_404_error_page.html</location>
  </error-page>
  <error-page>
  	<error-code>500</error-code>
  	<location>/My_500_error_page.html</location>
  </error-page>
When editing this file, make sure this tag is placed at the correct location
(after the taglib tags). If you are unfamiliar with using the web.xml file
check the Servlet Specification 2.2 off the Sun website as it is a great
reference to structuring web applications.

One problem I find though is that IE5.x won't display these pages (at least
not for me) but if you can get it to work let me know as it is probably my
IE5.x installation.

Good luck,
Anthony Ikeda,
Web Application Developer,