cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gregory, Scott" <Scott.Greg...@cibc.ca>
Subject How to return XML not HTML
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 15:15:50 GMT
Hello;

Probably a silly question - but searching the archives for my query hits
just about every document.

I am looking for a way to return a XSP processed XML document, without the
transformation to HTML.  To elaborate.  I have the cocoon package working,
and am connecting to my jdbc datasource.  I have the SQL XSP taglib working
just fine.  BUT, I would like to have my .xml document processed for the sql
tags, and then left as XML, and returned to the 'client' as a properly
formed XML document.

Motivation for those who are interested - I have to provide data to a
BizTalk server, that wants to request XML docs from me.  Cocoon seems a
pretty simple way to be able to put some sql select queries in normal text
files that can be maintained by our business analysts, but the return as
HTML isn't what I want.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
sdg