cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bentley, Tim" <TIM.BENT...@ca.com>
Subject RE: LDAP taglib: updates
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:11:28 GMT
Jeff -

> Good stuff.. an LDAP connection pool is a nice idea. I did a
> bit of benchmarking against OpenLDAP, and establishing and
> destroying the connection took 40% of the query time[*].

Yeah - not surprised.  At the moment I'm just sticking the LdapContext
object in the session with the putValue method, and I'm not sure how well
that will scale.  For my current purposes it doesn't matter, but for a
'proper' generic library it probably needs some more thought.

> As for modify, have a look at contrib/renzo/ldap.xsl, which
> is a version with modify, add and delete functionality.

Shall do.  Always happy to avoid writing things myself :-)

> Depending on what you want, Ulrich's auth taglib
> (http://ulim.cocoonhost.com/) might be useful.

Yeah - I intend to have a look at that when I get up to the authentication
stage.

Regards,

Tim