cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bentley, Tim" <TIM.BENT...@ca.com>
Subject RE: LDAP taglib: updates
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 23:16:50 GMT
Jeff -

I work on CA's eTrust Directory (formerly OpenDirectory) product, and we
have been playing around with using Cocoon to connect to our directory.  I
started with your taglib, but have written some other LDAP-related stuff (in
a rather messy way, as I am not a Java programmer!) which I was thinking of
cleaning up and adding to the taglib for neatness.  So far I have added
Modify capability, and the ability to keep a connection open for the life of
a session, rather than opening and closing it for each operation.  I am
working on other aspects of the project at the moment, but if the next stage
goes ahead I will have to modularise (ie stick in a taglib) the LDAP work I
have done so far.  I will also need to provide some authentication
functionality.  Happy to feed any and all of this back to you if it might be
useful.

Regards,

Tim Bentley

Senior Software Engineer,