cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Which is easier XSP vs. Transformer (Cocoon 2)
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 03:40:41 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 03:48:53PM -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > We have a project, and we want to be able to create a mapping
> > between a generic form XML file and database/EJB entries.
> > We are using Cocoon 2 on NT 4, IBM WebSphere 3.5 SP2.
>
> I don't totally follow what you're after, but have you looked at
> Castor <URL:http://castor.exolab.org/>? It's one of Intalio's open
> source efforts, and looks very good. I'm looking at using it to
> ease the development overhead for BMP, but it also handles java object
> to XML mapping.

I'm after setting up a namespace to do dynamic form processing/presentation.
I want to use one XML page to describe the form, and a second XML page
to describe how to map it to the persistent data layer--maybe a third to
describe access issues.

So, back to the question in the title:

Which is easier to develop: an XSP page that reads multiple sources,
or create a Transformer like the SQL transformer.  I like the ability
to manage the mappings and configurations in the Sitemap.