cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jimi Thompson" <jthomp...@link.com>
Subject Cocoon vs. Axkit
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:58:42 GMT
I am looking at moving our site toward XML simply to allow it to talk to
the  other portions of our company.  My main task is the management of
our intranet.  We'd like to expand its functionality, but our data
stores are widely separated - LDAP, Ceredian Payroll/HR, Sybase, Oracle
7, Oracle 8, Oracle 8i, PeopleSoft (vestigial holdover - ICKY!), and
some legacy mainframe apps.  Nothing is consistent except that nothing
will natively talk to anything else.  The things that will talk to each
other aren't on the same platforms.  Again, we run the gamut, Linux,
Unix, NT, and Novell.

I want to begin a gradual migration that will end up with "one stop
shopping" on our intranet.  I have been looking at various technologies
to allow me to do that.  I'd be interested in hearing what any of you
have to say regarding Cocoon and the Perl module - Axkit.

Thanks in advance for any input,

Jimi Thompson