cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ludovic Maitre <Ludovic.Mai...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Transforming HTML to PDF with FO
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:21:26 GMT
Hello,

I try to apply a FO stylesheet to "basic" html files (with a HTML
Doctype and a HTML structure validated by Tidy/who is conformant to W3C
recommandation) in the idea to provide to my users clean and printer
friendly docs.

But for the moment i couldn't include the HTML docs, either with XSP
(getfilecontent) or Xinclude. It appears that the HTML is parse before
included in the document and the <> are escaped and finally that the
structure of the document couldn't be use by my stylesheet. I know that
this is the correct behavior for XSP and Xinclude but my question is :

I must write a new processor (wich for exemple include the HTML Document
but without his Doctype tag (who seems to make problem when applying my
XSL) in a XML file ) or is it an already existing solution ?

I have already read the f.. manual and i have read a lot of mail who
speak about the subject but no one give me the solution.

Regards,
--
 Ludovic.Maitre@sophia.inria.fr

 INRIA - 2004 route des lucioles - BP 93    Tel: (33/0) 4 92 38 50 41
 06902   SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS cedex (France)    Fax: (33/0) 4 92 38 76 02