cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Madsen <paul.mad...@coventus.com>
Subject Cocoon and dynamic HDML (re-post)
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 14:14:04 GMT
I'm using Cocoon to create HDML through the 'kluge' of using
TextFormatter and wrapping my output HDML in
<xsl:text><!CDATA[         ]]></xsl:text> .

I am trying to dynamically build a choice list, e.g. output HDML that
looks like (ignoring required attributes)

<hdml>
<choice>
    <ce value="1">1
    <ce value="2">2
</choice>
</hdml>

I need to extract the <ce> elements attribute value and content from my
source XML but the CDATA tags prevent me from doing so using
<xsl:attribute> so I must build up the HDML as strings, e.g. for source
XML like

.
<option param="1">1</option>
<option param="2">2</option>
.

I've been trying the following XSL (there are no linebreaks in the
stylesheet)

<xsl:template match="option">
<xsl:text><![CDATA[<ce value="]]></xsl:text><xsl:value-of
select="@param"/><xsl:text><![CDATA[">]]></xsl:text><xsl:value-of
select="."/>
</xsl:template>

While this builds HDML that appears fine (looking at the generated HDML
through an emulators view source), the emulator itself complains that
'<CE> can have only one line of formatted text' which suggests to me
that the emulator is not seeing the line breaks that I see looking at
the source.

I appreciate any insight.

Paul

--