cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Naegeli Margrit <margrit.naeg...@ecofin.ch>
Subject RE: XSL formatting
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:31:06 GMT
You can't, because it's not valid xml. You have to either take the whole
tablerow into the <if> or vice versa.

Actually, this question belongs into an xsl list, not cocoon.

Greetings, Maggie

 -----Original Message-----
From: Amit Kaushik [mailto:smartkaushik@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 6:50 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: XSL formatting

Hi,

In my XSL file i want to open a tag in one <xsl:if> tag and close it in to
an another <xsl:if>.How can we do this.If i use <xsl:element> then it
automatically close it at the creation place.Cocoon escape < or > character
if i use it with the help of <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">.

Here is the code.......

  <xsl:if test="position() mod 2 != 0">

<!-- WANT TO ADD OPENING TAG HERE  like for open a table row <tr> -->

   <xsl:apply-templates select="headline"/>
  </xsl:if>

 <xsl:if test="position() mod 2 = 0">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="headline"/>

<!-- WANT TO ADD END TAG HERE  like for ending of table row </tr>-->

 </xsl:if>

Any help regarding this will be appretiated.
Amit Kaushik