cocoon-users mailing list archives

From j...@socialchange.net.au
Subject Re: Install doc not printable, too wide, not resizeable
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:32:34 GMT

> I think Cocoon is a wonderful contribution to the world! Thank you for
> all your hard work.
>
> The Install page is the ONE page I need to see printed because otherwise
> I have to keep jumping back and forth between the browser and the commnd
> line to do the install. Unfortunately it also has been written so that
> it requires fixed width (very wide!) and a VERY wide screen to see all
> of it. It also requires a LARGE piece of paper to print. The super-wide
> page is especially unfortunate because it makes it difficult to see the
> Install text and a command window at the same time.
> Please correct the html for the Install web page so that it can be
> resized and printed out.

Yes the width problem is annoying. However the docs were written in XML, so
the formatting is independent. If you've got a source distribution, you can build a
printable version of the docs with 'build.(sh|bat) printer-docs'. They're much
smaller (install.html is 41k instead of 362k) and don't have width problems.
I've (temporarily) uploaded these docs to:
http://kenny.socialchange.net.au/~jeff/c1/printer-docs/

Perhaps we could get them on the Apache site too?

--Jeff