cocoon-users mailing list archives

From char...@specworks.com (Charles Peacock)
Subject Re: Re: Cocoon Runtime Exception Problem
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Oops! sorry for asking before reading FAQ.

Thanks for your help.
Charles

>From: Michael Engelhart <mengelhart@earthtrip.com>
>Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:40:52 -0600
>To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Cocoon  Runtime Exception Problem
>
>The directory permissions need to be accessible by the user that is running the servlet
engine.
>what servlet engine are you using.  If you're using tomcat, the top level directory (e.g.
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat) needs to be writeable by the user who starts the servlet engine
which is where the XSP processor creates this directory.  FYI, this information is in the
nice friendly FAQ on the site where you downloaded the software at <a href="http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-norepository">http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-norepository</a>
 and in the documentation that came with Cocoon that is on your hard drive.   Next time try
reading on of those first.