cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Drasko Kokic <drasko_ko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C1.8.1-dev] NullPointerException in ESQL code
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:39:28 GMT

--- Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Drasko Kokic wrote:
>
> > Hi *,
> >
> > I am getting often this error:
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at

_D_._kodra._test._case_007.populateDocument(_case_007.java:349)

> > the line where it breaks is:
> >
> > if(!_esql_connection.connection.getAutoCommit()) {
> >
> > in the following block:
> >
> >     if (_esql_queries.empty()) {
> >       _esql_query = null;
> >     } else {
> >       _esql_query =
> (EsqlQuery)_esql_queries.pop();
> >     }
> >

> >     } finally {
> >
> if(!_esql_connection.connection.getAutoCommit())
> > {
> >         _esql_connection.connection.commit();
> >       }

_esql_pool.releaseConnection(_esql_connection.db_connection);

> tell me - is it always the case when you get these
> NPEs that an exception
> has occured, or does it also happen when a
> connection is closing normally?
>
> - donald

not sure if i understood your question donald :-(

once again, this occures every time if I specify in
esql:spool something not existent in the
cocoon.properties.  I was just wondering if this could
be handled more gracefully (for the sake of newbies)
... or maybe there is something more deeper to it?!

drasko