cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject Re: Cocoon 1 and 2 on the same servlet engine
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:18:57 GMT

> > > I'm pretty sure it won't work unless you use a partitioning
> > > classloader -- you might be able to get away with it by putting
> > > the cocoon jars in the webapps themselves, rather than in tomcat's
> > > lib directory.
> >
> > AFAIK, it's not possible to configure Cocoon 1 as a web app (war).
> > Thank you anyway for your answer.
>
> er, it's not packaged as such, but i don't think it's _impossible_ to
> configure cocoon1 as a WAR.

I don't think so, because C1 requires to make changes to servlet engine
(Tomcat) CLASSPATH and Cocoon jars must be placed not in the
webapps/cocoon/lib or (WEB-INF/lib) as it is for Web applications (war-s).
I mean a war file wivh can be simply deployed by coping it to the
tomcat/webapps.
You cannot do it with C1 even if you pack it as a war file - it will not
work.

I'd like to hear that I am wrong.